Of course Nasteexo is economically disadvantaged but not poor in mind or spirit.
Nasteexo Abdulkadir is a 13 years old girl. She has seven siblings, and she is the oldest of seven raised by a single mother. Nasteexo lives in Yibaayil rural area which is 95km away from North east of Garowe, the capital city of Puntland State of Somalia. Nasteexo neither attended school before nor does she dream one day she will have the opportunity to go to school. Of course Nasteexo is economically disadvantaged but not poor in mind or spirit. Nasteexo is third girl from the left and sitting forward. Luckily, today Nasteexo is going to Alternative Basic Education Mobile School established by SFS in partnership with UNICEF, Ministry of Education and Save the Children. To read more click here.
- Adventist Development and Relief Agency
- Books For Africa
- Counterpart International
- Diakonia, Sweden
- Education Development Center
- International Labour Organization
- National Endowment for Democracy
- State of Minnesota Department of Human Services
- UN Political Office for Somalia
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- United Nations Population Fund
- World Movement for Democracy